As the afternoon slips away on the golden, honeyed shores of Rottnest Island, we find ourselves being beckoned inland, deeper into the island, where infinite possibilities await.
After a morning spent shooting amongst some of the island’s secluded beach lagoons, revealed in ‘Of Sun & Sea’ – Part 1, our small team headed back into town in the only two electric cars allowed on the island.
We began wondering on foot through the small quiet streets strewn with sun-dappled light, and soon re-discovered its secret hidden laneways (fondly remembered from childhood), and weathered heritage buildings, providing us with the perfect backdrop in the soft fading light.
The sheer fabrics, fluid silks and textured embroidery of the gowns beautifully contrasting against textured peeling walls in rich marine tones and crumbling sun-bleached stone.
After capturing 12 breathtaking gowns in the space of a day (an incredible feat in itself), we wrapped and made a frantic dash to catch the last ferry home. Totally exhausted but utterly inspired we chatted excitedly about the magic caught on camera through the amazing eye of Courtney Illfield and having created our first editorial!
Image 9, 10 & 11: Samantha Wynne Couture Gown
Image 15: Sabina Motasem Elsa Gown from Through The White Door
- Art Direction + Styling: Raeley Jones, White Edit
- Photography: Courtney Illfield
- Model: Nika Biggs @ Vivien's
- Hair + Makeup Artist: Melissa Kidd
- Assistant: Katherine Burton
- Fine Jewellery: Danielle Campbell
- Accessories: Amber Sceats from Armada
- Florals: Katie Cooper Floral Design
- Location: Rottnest Island, Western Australia