There’s little that compares to naturally radiant, sun-kissed skin, which has the whisperings of health and vitality.
And while those hot, languid days spent laying pool side or at the beach are another few weeks away in the Southern Hemisphere, you can still achieve this minimal makeup trend for your wedding day.
The look, which extends upon natural beauty with a hint of warmth and youthful shine, was in heavy rotation during the Spring/Summer 2015 shows.
Fresh faced models with dewy, lightly bronzed complexions were sent down the runways at Isabel Marant, Valentino, Balmain, Hermes, BCBG Max Azria, Alexander Wang, Michael Kors, Temperley London and David Jones.
Perfect for almost all complexions, the look translates for both brides and bridesmaids, allowing the natural beauty of each girl to radiate through.
We asked one of our favourite makeup artists, Melissa Kidd, hand chosen for the White Edit Directory, for her expert tips to recreate this natural look for brides and the radiance-boosting products she keeps in her kit.
What should brides consider if they want to recreate this look for their wedding day?
Having a good skincare regime is very important and it’s best to start a fews months before your wedding day. A good quality cleanser and rich, nourishing moisturizer are a must, plus add in a good eye cream at night such as Avada Green Science firming eye cream. Exfoliating once a week will remove dead skin cells and make your skin look and feel renewed.
Continued under photo gallery…
Photo Gallery Ç
What are the steps for recreating this look?
- Prep the skin first and make sure you really push the moisturiser into the skin. Wait until it soaks in, then repeat.
- Use a foundation which has a nice dewy finish, and only use concealer where needed after you apply the foundation, so it stays where you want it to.
- Use a highlighter down the centre of your nose and above your cupid’s bow, then create a C shape starting from the corner of your outer eye, to just above your cheek bone.
- Lightly use a bronzer to contour the hollow of your cheekbones but be careful not to come down too far near your mouth. If you don’t want to use a bronzer, you can try using a cool brown in a contour pallet.
- To get rid of unwanted shine under the eyes and either side of the nose, use a transparent finishing powder.
- Define eyes with a wash of creamy, soft metallic bronze or taupe, and create a full lash line using a generous amount of rich black volumizing and lengthening mascara.
- Stain the apples of your cheeks and lips with a subtle tint of berry and add a dab of sheer gloss to finish off the lips.
Which products should brides consider using to achieve this look, including your favourite radiance boosting products?
- A rich, natural moisturizer like Aveda and .
- Foundation which has a nice dewy finish like MAC Mineralize Foundation or Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk.
- A hydrating setting spray to lock in moisture and maintain a dewy finish such as MAC FIX+. It is a product brides can use throughout the day to refreshen skin.
- Transparent finishing powder to reduce hot spots like MAC Finishing Powder
You can see more of Melissa’s work here.